Monday, June 29, 2009

Terrible Twos Arrival!

That's right. For the last couple of weeks, Everett has been grumpy while his 2 year old molars came in, and they brought bad behavior with them. Take today. When Ev woke up, he was upset because he had a poopy diaper. When I took it off, he got mad because he wanted the poopy diaper back on. When I tried to put a new diaper on him, he refused because he wanted to put his pee pee in the potty. I agreed and took him downstairs with nothing on but a T-shirt.

During breakfast I didn't make his bagel right, and when I served him a bowl of peaches, he had a screaming fit because he wanted the spoon I gave to Cooper (which, by the way, was identical to his own.) Cooper, the little peacemaker, gave his spoon to the two year old. "Here Ev! You can have mine!" Everett broke into an even bigger fit. When asked why he was upset, he said that he didn't want Cooper to be nice to him.

After breakfast, Ev said he needed to go potty, so I took him to the bathroom and stood him on his stool in front of the potty. He had a fit because he didn't want to pee pee in the potty, he wanted to pee pee on the rug! When I told him no, he simply refused to get his pee pee in the potty. Finally, he waited for me to move or be distracted and he got off the stool and peed on the rug, staring straight at me with that "ha, ha, ha!" look. He got in big trouble.

After the disciplining of the pee pee on the rug, I got in the shower. While in the shower, Ev came and left a poop on the rug in front of my shower! Can you believe it? I mean, that is serious cognitive ability! When I got out of the shower, he was hiding, because he knew he was in trouble. He actually did it on purpose.

Later in the day, he got a poop in the potty, and so he got a popsicle. He took the popsicle outside and put it in the sun. He didn't even lick it. He said he wanted it to melt. So I let it happen. Then, when he came outside and it was a puddle, of course, he had a humongous fit! Goodness gracious.

While I was reading a book to Cooper and Ev today, Cooper was trying to turn a page, and Ev wanted Cooper to only turn the pages when Ev said it was OK. Well, he hadn't said it was OK, so he was really upset when Coop turned the page. It was a fight that almost ended up in a ripped book. When I told Cooper that we need to be really patient with Ev because he's just learning, Cooper said, "I know, but it's just no fun Mom!"

Later tonight, when he was praying, he said, "Please bless Sammi and Scotti and Cooper to sleep really well in their sleeping bags tonight!" Then he looked at me and started laughing like he was the funniest thing ever because "they are really sleeping in their beds mommy!" He's just such a character.

3 comments:

  1. i just read your post aloud to jesse and we are just laughing so hard! the poo on the rug ... hahaha! that ev is a stinker! can't wait to see you guys in july.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is pretty dang funny, though It sure brings back memories from my child rearing days and I personally don't want to rivisit them too often. Love your story. Mona..........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see pictures of you all!!! Summer has been busy, fall will seem like a vacation!

    ReplyDelete