Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Grandma Beck is comin' to town!






We were so excited this last week, because Grandma Beck (Great-Grandma Beck for my kiddos) came to visit with Grandma Carol and Grandpa Richard. It was so fun to be with these three. We had a great time at the Rusty Tractor, where we discovered an old stove that is just like one my Grandma had when she was a kid. We went to the beach, which was as windy as can be. All the adults sort of geared up to face the wind, because the kids all were happy as can be in their swimming suits! They had a great time. When I announced to my kids that Grandma Beck was going to ride in the car, they broke out into a "Grandma Beck" chant. You would have thought she was a hockey player shooting a game-winning penalty shot! We loved going to Mount Rainier and staying at the Paradise Lodge. My favorite thing we did there was to play National Park Memory with Grandma Beck in the lobby of the lodge. Boy that place is beautiful! Mount Rainier is gorgeous, and we hit it on possibly the most beautiful days of the year! My kids loved to hike through the rainforest and especially liked becoming Junior Rangers. It was fun to walk with our Grandparents around the National Park Inn on their trail around the meadows. I was so excited to have my Grandma see my house and my town, and just how my life is playing out. What a lucky person I am to have her come to visit! When I went in to get Everett out of his crib the morning after the grandparents all left, Ev said, "I want Grandma Beck!" I said she was gone, and he said "That's so sad!" What a cutie pie. I made my mom take most of our pictures, so here are just the ones I had! She has much better ones. I love you Grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment