Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring is here!









I'm thrilled to say that I'm back on the blog. I've taken a little hiatus, but I think I can get myself back in the pattern of blogging every Sunday night again, so look for it. A brief overview of fun things that have happened since I last blogged: Went to SLC the day after Christmas and had a great time visiting with family and friends. We spent some time in Midway and loved it there. Especially loved all the sledding! The kids loved hanging out in the snow.

In January, we had two fabulous birthday parties for the twins. Scotti took his friends to Chuck E. Cheese and had a great time. I've never seen a kid so excited to wear a blow up crown in my life. He was so excited to win tickets and then go buy himself a prize. I think he valued the tatoo he got from the tickets more than he did any of his birthday presents!

Sammi also had a party. She is obsessed with getting a dog right now, so she had a puppy party. All the guests arrived and immediately were groomed with doggie ears and face paints to be puppies. It was fun. We played all kinds of puppy games and had a little puppy cake. We ended the evening with a puppy talent show. Sammi loved it. By the end of the party, I'd had my fill of puppies! After the party, Sammi tried her own hand at puppy painting on dad.

I'm including a couple of pictures of my kids with their valentines that they made. They worked really hard on them and were very proud of themselves!

Over MLK Jr. Birthday, our family finally built our trail that will lead us down our mountain to the wilderness portion of our yard. Our 2 acres of land is divided in two by a steep hill and a little stream. Our side of the stream is all landscaped and from where the slope of the hill gets steep to the other side of our land, it is all just gorgeous rainforest. We love it. We spent our time out building a trail to take us down the steep ravine so that we could finally have access to both the stream and the wilderness on the other side of it. I can't wait to get using it! We had a fun time together. The kids and I cut away at weeds and dug up the vegetation along the trail while Grant dug stairs into the side of the mountain. Sammi named our stream "Bubbling Brook" and our trail "Wilderness Way." The trail isn't done yet, but we can at least get the kids down to the stream now!

Scotti lost his first tooth this month. He was so excited. It was a fun moment as a parent. The loss of the first tooth. Big time. Kiddos getting bigger. Since Everett's b-day is only a few days away, I'm truly enjoying my last moments as the parent of a two-year-old.

Otherwise, things around here are busy as ever. I just got called to be the Primary President at church, which puts me in charge of all the kids to age 12 in our ward. I'm really loving it so far. I am finishing our kids' room that is really supposed to be the office. I painted it "Lime Ricky" green. I'm excited about it. I can't wait for it to be all done. I also remodeled my garage and had special closets installed where I can put my balls and sports equipment where it won't fall out. I'm so excited about it. Pictures to follow. I also had lockers made. Joe Keith did the work and I highly recommend him to anyone in the area! Also, I just built myself a new vegetable and flower picking garden. I'm so excited about it. I can't wait to start planting in that new bed. It is really fun.

Oh! I can't forget my great news. In fact, I'll end on this. I went out to turn my compost and guess what? I have dirt! I actually made my own dirt out of all the food we didn't eat and all the yard waste and all the cardboard boxes and paper that comes through here! I turned it into gorgeous black dirt that is full of vitamins for all my plants. I can't wait to spread it over my garden. Seriously, that was such a fun moment when I realized that all that actually did turn to dirt like it was supposed to! Now, I'm even more diligent about getting my food scraps and anything else compostable to the composter!

Tonight on the way to bed, Ev asked me when that Easter guy is coming. Seriously, he is so funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment