Sunday, January 18, 2009

Ev's Photo Shoot





Oh man, we have had a gorgeous week, and I decided one day while we were out playing on the playground to do a photo shoot of Ev.  You see the results here.  We have had a fun week, with field hockey, rock painting, playground, bike riding, swimming, and even a picnic.  I love good weather.  It hasn't been like summer--the high was 50 degrees, but in winter that just seems so pleasant!  The flooding here is almost gone.  You'd almost never know it happened now except that my kids still play flooding (especially in the bath.)  

Grant worked in the hospital for the first time this weekend and things went really well.  Much less stressful than Residency!  Grant feels like his business is doing really well and he is really enjoying himself. 

STORIES OF THE WEEK:  I have spent a minimum of sixty minutes each day this week cheering for all Scotti's pretend sporting events:  football, hockey, and racing.  He comes down the stairs every morning and tells me that I am late for the game and I better get up the stairs.  Once we are up there, I watch him move all his action figures around and narrate a game that seriously takes much longer than my attention span.  By the end, when my cheering is much less than genuine, he is still as excited as if it were really happening.  Cooper always wants me to stand in the hall and watch him run laps around our stairway.  I have to do this immediately after the game with Scotti.  Sammi received a bunch of beads for Christmas and wants nothing more than to create jewelry for everyone she knows, but Everett keeps finding her and messing up her masterpieces and throwing her beads all over the place.  She does a good job being patient, but I feel bad because she hasn't been able to finish one yet.  Ev constantly sings while he plays.  I'm surprised at how many songs he knows.  His favorites are "Twinkle, Twinkle", "Happy Birthday", and "BINGO."  He is in the most adorable phase right now where he copies everything I say in that adorable baby talk of his.  He thinks everything is the most exciting thing that ever happened to him.  

4 comments:

  1. Your kids are honestly so adorable Julie! Good job!

    PS: Your yard looks beautiful. I'm glad the flooding is over.

    Eleanor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous! Our high was 18! Last week the low was -22!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to have good park weather! Everett has grown up! Your kids are soo fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a handsome boy...he deserves his own photo shoot. It's hard to keep up with the pictures of the younger ones. Way to go! He looks a little like Sammi. Looks like your weather is good. Count your blessings!

    ReplyDelete