Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Whole Hog


This highly unattractive picture of me is meant to show to you that we have adjusted well to the small town life of rural Washington and have bought ourselves our first pig. That's right. We bought an entire pig (raised by our dear friend Lovena), had it slaughtered, and put it in a new freezer we bought just for the occasion. We now have pork to last us all year. I know you are wondering... Yes. It does taste better than the pork I bought at the store. How cool is it that I own my own hog?

2 comments:

  1. That's great. Lots of people do things like that here too. We're not quite at that point but a new freezer is the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you have replaced all of the ice cream with pork...ice cream, pork...ice cream, pork....I don't know what has happened to your values!! Congrats on your purchase! :-)

    ReplyDelete